Branch chair - Bath
To guide the branch and ensure its work is carried out effectively.
Approx 12 hours per month
What the role involves
As a branch chair you will:
- keep up to date about the news and developments of Parkinson's UK and actively share them with the group
- make effective use of the skills and strengths of other volunteers so that the group has the greatest impact in your local area
- engage with local staff and volunteers to meet the needs of local people affected by Parkinson's
What you could get out of volunteering
As the branch chair, you would have the opportunity to:
- do something meaningful for people affected by Parkinson's within your local area
- meet new people and make new friends, both in the group and in the local community
- learn and develop valuable leadership, teamwork and people skills
What we're looking for and why
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have strong leadership, organisational, communication and IT skills so you can work effectively with a wide range of people and leading the group
- can make balanced decisions taking into account multiple views in order to meet the needs of local people with Parkinson's
- have a positive attitude to make things happen in your local community
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.