Activity volunteer - Swindon
You will be present at the agreed session to help it run smoothly and be a point of contact for the people with Parkinson's that are attending.
To be decided
Swindon and District branch
What the role involves
As an activity volunteer you may do any of the following:
- research and promote exercise activities suitable for people with Parkinson's in the area
- support the person leading the session so that it takes place on a set day and time, keeps to time and that those attending are warmly welcomed
- liaise with the chosen venue effectively, for example making block room bookings, ensuring the room is set up appropriately, ensuring everyone who wants to access the venue can do so, and clearing away
What you could get out of volunteering
As an activity volunteer, you will:
- gain considerably from meeting new people and forging friendships and connections in your area
- enable those affected by Parkinson's to access support in their area
- gain experience in the activity that you are providing
What we're looking for and why
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
- have excellent communication skills and a friendly attitude, as you will be working with a wide range of people
- be patient and empathetic, in order to deal with sensitive issues and needs
- be willing to listen and respond tactfully to the views and feedback of others, ensuring that it is shared with Parkinson's UK staff when appropriate
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.