Living with young onset Parkinson's

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with PD in January this year.  Like many people on this forum I had had symptoms for a while but it took some time to get a correct diagnosis.

Strangely I had started writing about my experience even before I knew I had the disease and I subsequently created a blog for family and friends to follow my story.

It might not be for everyone, but some people recently diagnosed may find my experience useful as it covers work, family, driving, finances, medication, private vs NHS treatment, and so on.  The blog is searchable.

The link is here:

https://shakingsteven.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks

JF

Hi JF,

I’ve read your blog and found it quite interesting. Do you think you will provide a way for people to communicate with you on your blog? I ask as I wanted to discuss some of the topics you covered over the last year that you’ve been posting.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Many thanks for your interest in my blog.

I originally disabled comments as I wanted to keep it anonymous (both because I work and to protect identities of family members), That said, I will look into it.

In the meantime, happy to discuss any issues here or by this forum”s email facility.

Kind regards
JF

I’ve now added a contact by email facility to my blog, and would be more than happy to discuss the issues I have raised if I can be of help to others or if anyone just wants to compare notes!

Thanks
JF

I have just found your blog. Having been recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s at the age of 47, I found it helpful. Many of the issues I will no doubt have to face. Thank you

To make this blog easier to follow for people new to Parkinson’s, I’ve added a page that organises many of the posts into themes, for example symptoms, practical issues, psychological issues, and so on:

Hopefully this is useful to some readers.

JF