Itching?

My husband is taking sinemet and for the last few months he has been covered in a red, dry very very itchy rash. The GP refuses to admit it may be linked to the meds. The side effects on the leaflet with sinemet state that hives,rashes and itchiness are all possible side effects...the GP has prescribed moisturising lotion which is doing nothing to help....

Has anyone else had this side effect?

We have no PD nurse...well we have,she started new at Christmas and we have no idea who she is and she hasnt contacted us with her details....we feel very let down by the whole system as there doesnt seem any support? 

Our GP admits he doesnt know much about parkinsons so advised us to contact PD nurse.... 

My husband is still working but finds its very frustrating trying to hide his mouth and arm tremor,now hes trying to stop itching at work. Stress around all of this is making his tremors 100% worse....

Sorry to moan in such a lovely sunny day but is there anyone who can offer advice about the rash etc please...  

1 Like

I don’t understand much yet about Parkinson’s disease yet and it was such a shock when I had to see a different G P at my surgery and he told me I had PD in September 2017.it made me very depressed as I have osteo arthritis badly and I thought my stumbling and shaking was my arthritis getting worse,But my family are so helpful and helping me to feel there is life in the old dog yet.But it’s this dreadful itching I find maddening,I have E 45 itching cream that helps a bit, but at night I keep a fan on all night and no bedclothes and lay cold wet flannels over wherever the itching and rash appears that really helps.So my question is, is it the Parkinson’s or the three Co-Careldopa 25/100 mg I take daily? I have been too nervous to write on this forum before but hope someone can give me advice on this itching. Thanking you. 325 Rowan.

Hi @Babesbrown,

I’m really sorry to hear about what your husband has been going through. Unfortunately, a few other members have had similar experiences with their GP’s which I’m sure can’t be helpful to anyone. If you’re having trouble accessing your husband’s PD nurse, you can always contact our free and confidential helpline and one of our advisers can arrange for a PD nurse to contact you within 24 hours.

You can reach them on 0808 800 0303 Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm and Saturday: 10am-2pm, but please note that it’s closed on Sundays and bank holidays.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Reah