Trying to help my dad - cutlery crisis!

Hi,

I am pretty new to this online community but thought it was probably the best place to turn for help. My dad has Parkinson's and (aside from a other things) really struggles to eat with normal cutlery.

I'm looking for some advice on what to buy - I know there is a lot out there but I am wondering if there is anything that looks vaguely attractive as well as being functional.

Whilst I am not trying to hide the fact it is specifically designed, my dad is very unaccepting of help and change and I know if I brought anything too far outside of 'ordinary' it would not get used and he would continue to battle with what we have....

All suggestions welcome - including any modifications I can make to existing cutlery. Also happy to buy from abroad if it's the right thing.

I know it's only a small thing but I am hoping a little change make each meal a bit easier.

Thanks in advance!

This is a direct link to the Parkinsons UK shop and their  daily living aids

www.parkinsons.org.uk/shop  

n.b. I got it as usual by google search rather than using the sites search engine but if you want to see other publications press "help for you" and publications comes up on the left  hand side..   .

What I got OH was a set of children's cutlery not the micky mouse stuff you get in the shopa but a cut down version of adult cutlery, that works