Cataracts

I have just had the news that I will need cataracts done in both eyes.  Has anyone had this op and how do they control shaking this is worrying me as my shaking increases with new situations even though I will myself to stop.  

Hi,

Don't be worrying as this will only make your tremors worse.

I am sure that they will be able to give you something to help relax you and control your shaking.

I have not had the operation, so I cannot comment on that, but try not too worry.

Regards

Beatrice

Hi farmers wife,

If you'd like to speak to one of our trained advisers (including Parkinson's nurses), please feel free to ring us on 0808 800 0303 (Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm).

All the best,

Ilona (Moderation Team).

Hello Farmers Wife, I was wondering if you found a way to control your tremors during cataract surgery as I as scheduled to get mine done in January ‘24. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. Katie x

Bore da, glad to help. I was very worried about tremors as they get worst when I am apprehensive. Firstly let your Parkinson’s nurse know about your operation and ask for a prescription tranquilliser to take on the day. Secondly, tell the surgeon prior to op your fears and he/she may prescribe their own tried and tested medication. Also when talking to the consultant ask if he has done many Parkinson’s patients (I am sure he has as cataracts are yet another problem associated with Parkinson’s).

Lastly, I was terrified but it was no problem and for the first time in 60 years I was able to wake up and see clearly, no glasses or contacts plus cataracts clean).

Best wishes.