Energy drinks

Always on the look out for new things to try and alleviate PD symptoms. Was wondering if anyone has tried energy drinks? Taurine, Vitamins B6 and B12 etc., all supposed to be good for brain health......not sure about  the sugar though! My husband drinks 3/4 small glasses a day, for depression. Certainly seems to help him. I have found a brand with low sugar and caffeine content and was thinking of trying it myself.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had experience of this.

Twinks.

theres a big thing about energy drinks not  being good for you ,i would suggest Google it

Yes, you're right Gus. Wasn't thinking of drinking vast quantities of it.......just occasionally for an odd boost!

Not a road to go down then.

Better just stick to the old exercise routine. Had a session of neuro-Pilates this afternoon!

EXERCISE IS ALWAYS THE BEST WITH PARKINSONS ! BUT DON'T OVER DO IT ,I HAVE A COUPLE TIME & FELT ROTTEN . ALL THE BEST TWINKS

I drink Indian tonic water it helped with the tremor as it contains quinine , my internal tremor almost clears for a few hours after drinking a small can .

quinine is used to treat malaria that has shaking as a main symptom 

Live well.  Cc

Hi Cc hope you are well, think I will try the indian tonic water drink in the hope that it will help my tremors!

Keep smiling, all the best Sheffy x

Hi sheffy

I'm doing ok thanks keeping myself busy as possible , find it hard to focus on writing so don't post so much now but trying to engage more on the forum again.

I find the Indian tonic water made by shhhhh you know who ! Lol. Is best as the small cans are just the right size , I drink about 3 or 4 cans a day .

hope things are going well for you and yours

Live well. Cc

Slightly off the point, some people find that taking sinemet with  fizzy drink speeds the absorption of levodopa

I haven't tried it myself as I have so far not required a quick fix.

Hi Cc  Thanks for your reply, I had noticed you don't post as often, so hope you keep focused, and thinking about you as with everyone who has PD. Things could be better for me at the moment, but hey ho we battle on don't we regardless.

Take care - Sheffy x

Beware  of artificial sweeteners. Not good for PD brain. Better to have drinks with natural fruit sugars. Can always dilute with  water to cut the calories  ! 

Supa