How many teams at PUK?

There doesn't seem to be an area of the forum that I can find  where to post something that doesn't belong anywhere else.

So; just tonight I have been on the forum and discovered at least 3 teams: the User& Involvement Team, the Digital team and the Health Policy & Campaigns Team.

So, could we   be told how many different teams  there are at PUK, HO, and also how many are in each team and what the remit of each team is, please?

I ask because our branch sends a great deal of hard earned fundraisng money to HO each year and personally I have a standing order to PUK each month and would like more details on where our contributions are being used, both for personal information and also for feedback to our branch.

Thank you

Benji

I'm sure somebody will be able to give you more information on the different teams in head office and throughout the country. I could list several others that I know of (Research, Publications, Helpline, Fundraising, events, volunteering, professional education, etc) but my best advice would be to go to head office and meet them. The office is a short walk from Victoria station in London and I'm sure, if you arrange a date in advance, they would make you very welcome and give you a tour of the building. 

If your experience is anything like mine you will be impressed by the people you meet and the energy they put into their work. As somebody involved with running a branch you really should do this - as you say it will give you great information to feedback to your branch.

In the mean time there is a summary of achievements in 2014 at http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/sites/default/files/ourimpact2014.pdf Page 6 of that book has a picture of some of the people.

EF

Many thanks EF.

Travelling to HO is a no no, just too far, unfortunately.

I was hoping that PUK could maybe post a thread on this? I was aware of the teams that you mentioned in your post, it's just the others with rather unidentifiable names that I would like to know more about.

Hi benji,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are catching up with everything that came in over the holidays, and are just getting hold of the latest copy of our organisational chart and will post this along with some information about what each team does tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Joanne

Digital team

Sorry again that it has taken a little while to get back to you.

To answer you questions posted above:

There are 428 staff in total at Parkinson's UK: 254 are full time and 174 are part time. 187 are based at our UK office in London and 241 work in local communities.

Below you can find a chart that shows how our directorates are divided up and a table that describes what each directorate does. The number of staff in each directorate vary. If you'd like more information about any of this, do let us know.  

We also have information on how we compare to other similar charities if that would be useful to you. Just let us know. 

Hopefully that will help when talking to your branch but if there is more you need, don't hesitate to ask.

Note that clicking on the links below will download a PDF file. 

[[{"fid":"60220","view_mode":"media_original","fields":{"format":"media_original","field_media_tags[und]":"organisational chart, staff"},"type":"media","link_text":"Organisational chart - Parkinson's UK","attributes":{"class":"file media-element file-media-original"}}]] [[{"fid":"60223","view_mode":"media_original","fields":{"format":"media_original","field_media_tags[und]":"directorate responsibilities, Parkinson's UK, charity, organisation"},"type":"media","link_text":"Directorate responsibilities - Parkinson's UK","attributes":{"class":"file media-element file-media-original"}}]]

Best,

Ezinda

That's most helpful, thanks.