Does anybody leg pain?

Sorry but the previous POST should have had a full description in it ... but it hasn't updated so I will do it again.

I want to know if other people get lower leg pain below the knee like I do combined with numb toes .  Seems to be brought on by either  social stress where I am trying to make conversation without Parkinsons being too obvious(Ie: shaking) ,   by  work stress (I work on a laptop 2 days per week) and by physical stress (eg: painting and decorating).    wHEn it happens I cannot stand or walk much and all I want to do is lie down in  a quiet room ,  sometimes I will sit down but the shaking is exacerbated by the leg-pain and thats hard too.

Its like a vicious circle with the stress triggering the leg pain which exacersbates shaking combined with a sense of being 'Off' which in turn triggers more leg-pain and so on .

Does anybody else get this lower-leg-pain OR does anybody NOT get it at all ?

Andy (ojalahey)

Yep, upper leg, lower leg, toes... the lot! When I'm sitting at a computer (as I am now), sometimes my legs just ache but often they also twist around the chair leg or I'm constantly crossing and uncrossing my legs - I only realise when the aches/pain get so bad I have to stop working and untangle myself. 

If I'm particularly stressed, the toes of my right foot curl. If I have a day of stress, my toes will hurt from being curled up all day.

Hi ,

Yes , I can relate to each of you having leg pain ,but mine is more like an ache , My knee hurts too causing stiffness if I have been sitting .I think my leg ( just my right leg) and the rest of me , aches through the constant movement and battle to control it . When I stand ,can happen anywhere , I look like I'm dancing some sort of Irish Jig . If I sit I find myself crossing and uncrossing my legs . I can sometimes get relief by holding 'the leg in question ' straight up in the air . Not very lady like I know , but hell  who cares if it makes me feel better . Not recommended if you are in your local pub though .  

I get leg pain, some of it is i think old injurys such as dislocating my knee on a couple of occasions and a sprained ankle where the joint tendons haven't healed properly amplified perhaps by parkinsons it is an constant ache ,

After activity such as a good walk i do sometimes get cramp like pains And that ache especially in the evenings reaching my limits of dopamine perhaps and also numbness across my feet and toes in the mornings i suppose this is a overnight thing where my feet have tensed up during the night.

I find putting a pillow between my legs does give me some respite from the Pain.

If I kneel on my left knee I've suddenly started getting the most violent shooting pais n and from it. Surprisingly this is my left knee, when all my other symptoms are right-sided

S

Thanks for all your responses.

I get the feeling leg-pain isn't very well unnderstood amongst the Parkinsons Neuros and Nurses and consequently there isnt much they offer for this symptom.  It keeps me awake at night quite often.. I get releif by stretching toes back n forth, pulling my leg up to my chin and the stretching it out down the bed a few time s. If that fails I take a pain-killer and/or use my mechanical lower-leg massage machine.  If still hurting I might try to distract by listening to the radio (world service) or a cd story etc: the point being thst there is a danger of over-focussing on it.   That usually sorts me out but on the cases where it persists I get up and move about a little do exercises watch telly etc: and that seems to help normally.  

If  I get it during the day I might lie down for a bit or use the massage machine /painkiller options.  Oddly I sometimes find that a gentle walk with sticks can help... it's like movement helps when u have been sat still for a while.  Dancing can be good too tho not recommended if u are at the bus-stop. ( I'll look out for Chrissie doing her 'Irish-jig'  down the pub!!)  As Chrissie says some aches might be explained due to the near-constant motion we experience in that our bodies get stressed from it so anything that can allow you to shake /move less is a help.  If I have 'still '  patches they help in this way .

Will also try Sea-angler's pillow between the legs whcih sounds useful (tho again not down the pub)

Andy (Ojalahey)

Hi,

You talk about leg pain followed by shaking.I use to get dystonia alot before I went on C/L.That was like a very painful cramp in my foot or leg that would linger.Now I get painful twitches alot in my legs but can be anywhere.This usally folows arm jerks or shaking.Maybe you have the same.I posted a video of mine under involuntary movements here.tTake a look ,Id be interested if they are like mine,LOl

My doctor says mine are one of a kind but I have found a quit a few here who mention simular exeriences.It seems I can delay the jerkingby keeping occupied like reading or riving.

Take care all

john

I had a special shoe need for my mom’s diabetic feet. I was able to remove the innersoles and replace them with the ones from the podiatrist. Orthofeet is the only shoe that offer seam free interior, which is so important for protecting diabetic feet. My mom is very comfortable and happy with them.

I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes help a lot. I still have some heal pain but it’s not terrible. They are not strange to get used and Orthofeet serve their purpose well. I didn’t have to put in any other arch support insole to help with my plantar fasciitis. I was impressed!!!

Yes, lower leg pain. Heat helps a bit as it feel almost like I’m cold. It stops me going out for walks, which I need. I try to do everything in the morning before it sets in. I feel as though my life is on hold. I’m 7 years on from a diagnostician