DISCUSSION: What do you want from your pharmacist?

Hello everyone

You might have seen that I posted an online questionnaire on the site a few weeks ago. Thank you to everybody who responded – I found your responses very useful.

I would now like to ask some more questions about the responses I received if that is OK? The aim is to stimulate a bit more discussion around the topic and hopefully expand on the information I have received so far. This will help towards gaining an even better understanding of what people really want from their pharmacist. To initiate discussion I have posted FOUR questions (listed below) which will need answers to and further questions will be asked in addition to these. If you are at all interested in taking part, do feel free to leave a reply to this post with your answers below.

In addition, if you do decide to respond to these questions, I will assume that I have your consent to include your answers in my project write-up. All information gathered from this discussion will form part of my study and confidentiality will be maintained for everyone taking part.

Furthermore, please do not feel that you need to share anything private or personal or anything you feel uncomfortable sharing.  Lastly, I would also like to encourage you to take the time to read the participant information leaflet beforehand, which is available, here:

http://kpitchford.weebly.com/uploads/4/1/6/6/41663977/participant_information_sheet.pdf

I look forward to all your responses and thank you once again for your support.

Many Thanks

Sherita
Pharmacy undergraduate
Leicester School of Pharmacy 

Interview questions:

1) Many people who responded to the questionnaire said they spoke to their pharmacist once a month. Can I ask, what are the usual reasons you have for speaking to your pharmacist?

2) Looking at the responses from the questionnaire, one of the key skills mentioned that are expected from a pharmacist was to empathise with patients. Do you think this is an important skill for pharmacists to have? Please explain the reason for your answer.

3) How do you think the skills of a pharmacist could be used to meet the needs of people managing long-term conditions?

4) Some people who answered the questionnaire said that they really valued the services their pharmacist provided. Is there any particular service, provided by your pharmacist that you value?