University Research Project

Hello,

I am a final year Product Design Engineering student at Northumbria University in Newcastle, upon experience with a family member I have noticed the impact that Parkinson’s disease can have on a person’s life and the problems caused.  The problem I intend on addressing primarily involves using pans on the hob in the kitchen area.  Those suffering may have difficulty in this particular area due to the tremors and dexterity symptoms caused by Parkinson’s.  I aim in this project to create a product which allows users to interact safely and secure with pans whilst in use on the kitchen hob.  This will primarily involve using a mechanism that enables the user to secure cookware to the surface of the kitchen hob; I will also take into account the design of the product to fit the user need, to help those with dexterity issues.

Survey Information

I would like to invite you to take part in the following survey.  Having provided you with the relevant information you need concerning the project, please read the following information to familiarise yourself with the nature of the study, this will enable you to decide whether or not you wish to take part in the survey.

• Basic questions, most of which are multiple choice answers
  • Short, survey will be no more than 10 questions long
  • No personal information will be collected
  • Results will be measured using graphs
  • Updates of my project will be posted in the forum

The link to the survey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3L6RSGG

My project is being supervised by Haydn Jenkins and has been approved by the Northumbria University ethics committee.

My email address is: [email protected]

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding any of the questions or the information provided.

Many thanks for your support in this project,

Kind Regards

Guy Holden

Final Year Student

Northumbria University

Thanks Guy and good luck with the project

You can easily get the research project information from the internet and custom essay writing service.Different types of resources are providing the different writing materials for the students.It is helpful for the work.

I've done the survey, my problem with pans is not them staying put, it's removing them from the hob safely

A way to use both hands without clumsy oven gloves could be more use and cost effective to market?

Off the top of my head, a single comfortable glove for your non knife/pan handle hand whilst cooking that's heat, water and slicing resistant.  The cook's version of a Golf glove if you like and not just for PwP.  I'll now search t'interweb and find it already exists?

Well, finding a glove that is heat AND cut resistant but still flexible is proving tricky.  Here's the nearest thing I've found but still quite bulky?

http://www.superiorglove.com/dragon-extreme-high-heat-kevlar-glove?utm_expid=31087340-12.8a9Kna_6S--JeEy1rHddWg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.superiorglove.com%2Fwork-gloves%2Fheat-resistant-gloves%2Fhigh-dexterity-heat-resistant-gloves

Good luck with your hob / pan securing device.

Good on you Guy - all the best for the project.

T

Thankyou guy for your interest and the time you are devoting to this . I'm sure what you devise will be very beneficial for pwp and perhaps those with other illnesses . Best wishes . 

Thank you Guy, just did the survey in my garden.

thanks a lot. was sitting on my Carpet while i read this.