Hi, I'm new

I am new here to your forum, as of yet I have not been officially told I have PD.  I had a DatScan on Oct 23rd and my neurologists Secretary told me on Monday that my results are back and I have been noted for Referral.  I have quite bad tremor in my right hand as well as severe electrical shock sensations in my right arm.  My right lower leg and top of right foot is numb and I have the feeling that my foot is not lifting properly.  I now am convinced this is what is wrong with me, if the Datscan had been normal surely I would have received a letter and would not have to wait to be referred.  Anyone else had this after  their scan?  maybe someone could throw abit of light on why I would have to be referred and to whom.

Hi billieann

I was diagnosed in 2008 after 3 different scans as Parkinsons is very difficult to diagnose. , I was already seeing a Neurologist as was referred to him before the scan by GP.  Neurologist then referred me for a scan which was only to confirm no other damage was present, after this I had second scan and a third the third being taken after an injection of some kind of radio active material which does show up the Parkinsons.  I would phone again and ask where you are being referred it might be back to the Neurologist. My first symptom was a tremor in my right arm, but now on meds am feeling move positive.

Hope things turn out well

Sugerplum

Hi Sugerplum,  Thanks for your post.  When you had your last scan,( the radio-active one)  did it take long for your results ?  and how did the neurologist give them to you?.  When the secretary said the Datscan results were marked for referral I immediately thought that something was wrong. I just wish they would hurry up and see me again.  Sorry for moaning.

Hi Billieann

It was about a month after the scan I saw the neurologist, the appointment to see him again was made before the scan.  The scan actually took about 45 minutes, but had the injection in the morning and waited 4 hours for the injection to be taken around the brain. Don't think you are moaning not knowing what is wrong is not very nice and waiting for results can be worse.

Hope things get sorted soon

Sugerplum

Hi Billieann

I also had to wait for appointment to give scan results .Fortunately (or unfortunately) my consultant was pretty sure I had PD and scan was just to confirm it so I didn't have what must be an awful "limbo" situation .I agree you should phone again and ask who you have been referred on to.

Best wishes

jdj

I think we all know what is wrong before the neurologist tells us,let's say we know our own body and the doctors only confirm our fears

this is a great place to be my friend as we are not alone

campbell x

I think we all know what is wrong before the neurologist tells us,let's say we know our own body and the doctors only confirm our fears

this is a great place to be my friend as we are not alone

campbell x

Thank you everyone.  I have a date for my referral, 9th Dec.  So I will just have to content myself until then.  I really don't know what the outcome will be but I will have to be prepared to accept it like all the rest of you wonderful people on this forum.