A letter to my disease

Dear Sir,

We were thrown into this predicament at the same time and we've battled for space within this body for years. You silently go about your business, deploying subversive tactics and carrying out night time raids on what I hold dear.

You are unable to deviate from the path you are on or open a dialogue with me. You are imprisoned in your silent work while I am free in having a voice; I can choose my reaction and that is my sunshine in your darkness; a choice in tyranny; a sunflower in your soiling of me. You may drag me along your path but I will resist with potent indifference to you. I will not "go gentle into that goodnight" (Dylan Thomas) but I refuse to rage against you; that is where you hurt me the most because that is where you take me from myself.

I hold a candle to illuminate the challenges you set me and I turn my true self towards you. I look through you and see the potential that remains in me. You have declared war on me but I will not waste myself on self-inflicted wounds. I defend myself by giving you rubber bullets; my reaction determines the type of ammunition you use on me. I can harm myself more than you can by an indignant rage; I will not "rage against the dying of the light" (Dylan Thomas) because I have a candle that will never go out...

dr jonny

Good Morning dr Jonny.  And a very  well written post if you dont mind me saying  all who read it will see the message there , you have a good grasp of how unpleasant PD is and can see how to translate it to the page, I would ask that all who inhabit this forum read your work, as they will benefit from the expertise penned by a real expert patient, by the way is that  Quango still going , The Expert Patient Program I did benefit from taking part and went on to have my own team and did ok for a while until parky realised I  was enjoying the work and promptly kicked me off the edge of the world ,It is always the case now if I am doing anything that is remotely pleasant or enjoyable I can expect a visit from our mutual enemy  BLACKHEART, keep up the good work always very readable and informative.

Kindest Regards            Fed