About the News, events and taking part forum

This section of the forum is a space to share and discuss Parkinson's related news, events, and opportunities to get involved.

This includes news and events from Parkinson's UK and within the wider community. 

If you want to get involved in research please visit our Research opportunities forum.

Further information 

I did my best to inform people of “Parkinson’s Day” I live in a small village and find due to Parkie mobility issue find it vert hard to get to the village shops as we also live at the top of a hill. Have brought a mobility scooter so went down to the village and ask all shops if they would trim the windows up for the day if I could get material eg banners leaflets balloos etc. they all said YES!! I contacted Parkinson’s one young lady said that she was sorry but she only had a few bit left but would send them anyway, then phoned another number, then seb=nt E-Mails, The few bits that the young lady sent were just that bit’s I finnaly received some more material the day after the event, Even our local goup sent me details of a local tv channel which I surposelly could get and watch our city of Nottingham being lite up blue for PD day. Some of it I must take the blame for, but I never saw any thing on TV Poster, local peper, doctors surgery not a thing. Now if I did not have PD it would not effect me just a minute is this our joe-public think. To sum things up
1/ Must have more about our day a month before
2/ Must try and get more people involed
3/ Need to get PD on locall TV and Radio
4. I must not asked for materils when it really is too late.
just a few sugguesions
yours
S M DAWN