Radio Parkies

a Belgian website dedicated to Parkinsons plays music and discussion in Flemish but there is a slot for english speakers every thursday from 7 until 9in the evening.There are 3 DJs, Chad from California, George in Belgium and Phil from the uk, taking turns to do a 2 hour show.
Tonight it is Phils turn - why not lisen in and enjoy the music and chat - just go to http://radioparkies.playtheradio.com/ - hope you can make it!

Not sure if this is posted in right place but some may find it useful. 

This MOOC is aimed at anyone with an interest in finding out the fundamentals of Parkinson’s disease; how it affects people, what causes it, what we can do to try and ameliorate the symptoms and what we don’t yet know about it.

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/good-brain-bad-brain-parks

Hi Pmac

Thanks for sharing this. This is a great section to put it in but since it is dealing with a course and not Radio Parkies, you could put it on it's own by starting a new topic. 

Ezinda

There has been a lot of water under the bridge since this was posted. Radio Parkies has grown significantly,  with presenters and DJ's from many parts of the world now taking part.That also has the effect of there being programmes presented live at lots of different times of the day or night, because of the time zones that the presenters broadcast from.
The station is unique in that it is the only world wide radio broadcaster dedicated specifically to Parkinson's, run by people with Parkinson's for people with Parkinson's.
You can listen from anywhere in the world on your computer, laptop, tablet or phone, as long as you have internet access. We offer music, news, information, quizzes, interviews, poetry, dedications, signposting and friendship!

Why don't you listen for yourself and see what a fun time we have?  or, if you are going to the World Parkinson Congress in Portland, Oregon, we will have a stand there and be broadcasting live!  Drop in and say hi.

go to www.radioparkies.com and click on the black and white radio icon to tune in to some great content. check the programme schedule from the website, too. I present a show on Wednesday evenings from 7pm until 8pm, but there are lots of programmes to listen to. If you post a reply here I will read it and who knows, I might play you a song or feature your story or anecdote.