Residential/Nursing Care

I would like to find a suitable Care Home for my husband whilst I take a short break in June. I have looked at several in my local area (Postcode SO32) but have not found any really appropriate care for a 66 year old male PD sufferer who is in a wheelchair and also has dementia. Many homes seem to have "service users" who are in late 70s and eighties and there is little to entertain them. I know that much of my husband's day is now spent sleeping/dozing but I would like him to have a positive experience from this stay. Has anyone out there looked for similar care provision in my area? Thank you for your help.
Hi
I am in the same position but we have a small cottage hospital which is privately run and I have started booking him in regularly, started with 3 days to see how he got on and also for me to assess the quality of care (excellent). I am now about to have the first week off for a number of years. Maybe there is something like this in your area? Apparently some nursing homes offer respite as well, you need to be able to book ahead so you can plan your break. The cost of our breaks depends on the level of nursing care needed, minimum care is £470 week and total care is £560/week.
Good luck!
Hi
regarding respite care in the Southampton area. We have been to Vitalise at Netley nr Southampton, they provide good care for people with a range of disabilities, also entertainment and days out.I am looking for something similar nearer to home RG8 so that I can have a few days away knowing my husband would be well looked after, he needs every thing doing, he can can do nothing for himself.