Aching hands and wrists

Greetings friends,

I am very newly diagnosed. Key symptom is resting tremor in right hand and forearm. I do have soreness in wrists and backs of both hands. Does anyone know if this soreness is a symptom of PD?

Peace, Lex.
Have you found that your handwriting has become small and closer together , are you finding it less easy when using your cutlery and turning your wrists . Are your hands ,fingers less flexible,/ stiffer .
Yes, Johnnie, to all those observations.
My husband doesn't seem to get any pain on his hands but he did in his right shoulder many years before his diagnosis . his right side is the worse Parkinson's side . I believe quite a lot of people find they have a painful dropped shoulder for a time before diagnosed
My husband doesn't seem to get any pain on his hands but he did in his right shoulder many years before his diagnosis . his right side is the worse Parkinson's side . I believe quite a lot of people find they have a painful dropped shoulder for a time before diagnosed
Painful arc in a dropped shoulder on my dominant left side was my first symptom too and I was initially referred to Orthopaedics for shoulder MRI etc before all found to be normal and more notice taken of my neuro hand issues, poor handwriting etc. I also have all the hand symptoms in my dominant hand mentioned earlier in the thread, but wouldn't really call my hands painful. However, I was only 45yrs at the time so PD not really the first thought in mind when presenting to a GP with a painful shoulder. Perfectly appropriate initial referral IMO.
My husband is now 79 . We have been married for 55 years but even going back to when we were first married my husband complained of severe shoulder pain .
He was given all sorts of treatment and he tried all the usual pills and potions to no avail . At one x ray they told him he had a mink in his spine . !!!!!
For a a few years before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's he became slower , more anxious , tired and was walking with a droopy right shoulder , a real struggle to walk and keep his balance .
We knew mother about Parkinson's but when he noticed his right hand tremors when reaching into his breast pocket he wondered if it might be something ,I've Parkinson's . I had been watching his blank droopy face and worried thet he might have has a small stroke or even .

Aft some research on my part and my memory looking back what I use to jokingly refer to his mechanical dyslexia has been Parkinson's all the time .

It's such a complex illness where no two people are the same .
Lex, my wrist ached on the affected side especially in cold weather. PD medication has helped and I have no pain now. No experience of pain in the hands. I have different ciculation one side too, my affected side is colder. It's weird.
Hi Deacon Lex - I had problems with my right shoulder (PD side) which eventually froze but no hand or wrist pain. The meds keep most of the shoulder pain at bay but it definitely gets worse if I am stressed. Have you tried support gloves for your hands to see if they relief your pain - the sort craftsmen wear that do repetitive work? Have you tried acupunture at all? It has worked well for me in the past. Good luck with finding some relief. Fizzy
I had left shoulder pain during last year before I was diagnosed and attributed it to havng slept poorly on that side and problems with the bed.

Once I was diagnosed, I had physio on the shoulder and he found a rotator cuff injury (not tear). I did theraband exercises for a while and the problem hasn’t returned. I do have soreness from muscle tension in that shoulder now due to under-medication though.

Around the time I was diagnosed, I asked my GP about soreness in my right wrist when putting pressure on the arm (i.e when doing pushups) and he said it was arthritis. No amount of PD medication has made this pain go away.