Walk for Parkinson's - Richmond Park 2018
Join us for our Walk for Parkinson's around the beautiful Richmond Park.
2018 event details
- Start and finish: Richmond Park
- Minimum sponsorship: £50 suggested
- Registration fee: £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s
- Registration opens: 10am
- Start time: 11am
- Route: 2 miles and 5 miles
Registration for this event is now closed. You can join us on the day at £15 for adults and £7.50 for children.
Every year millions of people visit Richmond Park, the largest of the capital's eight Royal Parks and the biggest enclosed space in London. The park is home to the beautiful Isabella Plantation, Pembroke Lodge and herds of red and fallow deer. With a choice of two routes – 2 or 5 miles – there really is something for everyone.
What you'll receive
Take part in a Walk for Parkinson’s in 2018 and help raise vital funds for people affected by Parkinson’s. Every step will take us closer to a cure.
All our walkers will receive the best support from us, including:
- A Walk for Parkinson's T-shirt
- Fundraising advice, including a fundraising pack
- Support with your training
- A finisher's medal
- Parking: Parking is available at Broomfield Hill car park, however, please do check the Royal Parks website for detailed information.
- Accessibility: Richmond Park is an accessible park with disabled toilet facilities. Some of the paths of the walk routes are a little rough and it may be difficult to push a manual wheelchair.
- Dogs: Dogs are permitted in Richmond Park. However, deer can feel threatened by dogs even over long distances and when the dog is not behaving in a provocative manner. If you choose to bring your dog it is advisable to keep it on a lead.
- Walk packs: including your walk T-shirt and number will be sent out 2 weeks prior to the walk.
- Registration: On-the-day registration will be available and will cost £15 for adults and £7.50 for under 16s. Please bring cash as we're unable to take card payments on the day.
Create your fundraising page
Make a fundraising page with JustGiving, then share it with friends and family. The money you raise will help us find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson's.