Walk for Parkinson's - Ashton Court
Join us for our Walk for Parkinson's in the beautiful Ashton Court.
- Start and finish: Ashton Court (near the mansion)
- Minimum sponsorship: £50 suggested
- Advance registration: £12 for adults and £5 for under 16s
- On-the-day registration fee: £15 for adults and £7.50 for under 16s
- Registration opens: 10am
- Start time: 11am
- Routes: 1.2 mile or 4 miles
There's a choice of walking routes to suit everyone, so bring your family and friends along for a fun-filled day in one of the country's most beautiful estates.
Choose from two routes around the beautiful house and estate:
- 1.2 miles – Walk 1.2 miles around the estate and across Smyth Field with a great view of the mansion. You can also explore the beautiful rose garden.
- 4 miles – Challenge yourself by walking 4 miles through the deer park, passing the miniature railway and through meadows that reveal stunning views across Bristol. Please note some parts of this walk can be muddy.
We suggest that all walkers aim to raise at least £50. Your entry fee goes towards the cost of organising the walk, but by raising £50 in sponsorship, you can make a huge difference to the lives of people with Parkinson’s.
Dogs: Dogs on leads are welcome to take part in the walk. Please be considerate of the wildlife and other members of the public.
Toilets: Toilets with baby changing facilities available (access via the stables courtyard).
Car park: Parking available on the site - this costs £1.20 for the whole day. Please park in Church Lodge carpark accessed via the B3128, Ashton Road. The entrance is a few metres west of The Ashton pub (formerly The Dovecote) postcode BS41 9LX. There is no parking charge for Blue Badge holders, motorcycles and scooters.
Accessibility: The 4 mile route is not accessible for wheelchair users due to the steep incline and uneven terrain.
Refreshments: Please ensure you bring a drink and snack/light lunch with you. Bottles of water and biscuits will be available for all participants at the registration area. The cafe at Ashton Court will be open on the day of the event.
Walk packs: Your walk T-shirt and fundraising pack will be sent soon after your registration and your number and on the day information will be sent the week prior to the walk.
Registration: Please note registration closes just over a week prior to the event. On-the-day registration will be available but will be cash only and will cost £15 for adults and £7.50 for under 16s. Please note the registration area will be located near the Church Lodge carpark.
What you'll receive
- A Walk for Parkinson's T-shirt
- Fundraising advice, including a fundraising pack
- Support with your training
- A finisher's medal
Volunteer at Walk for Parkinson's
From marshals and car park attendants to photographers and support with marketing, we have all sorts of volunteering roles at our Walk for Parkinson's events.
Create your fundraising page
Make a fundraising page with JustGiving, then share it with friends and family. The money you raise will help us find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson's.
If you have any questions regarding this walk please phone 020 7963 3912 or email [email protected]