Firewalk, West Midlands
Walk barefoot over hot coals and raise funds to help everyone affected by Parkinson's.
Are you brave enough to walk on fire?
Firewalking is the practice of walking barefoot on hot embers and we are offering you the unique opportunity to take on this incredible challenge to help raise vital funds.
You'll be given a full safety briefing and expert training by Blaze Firewalks, before walking barefoot over embers burning at 1,236 degrees Fahrenheit along a 20-foot glowing fire path!
No previous experience or minimum fitness required.
The training is based on proven motivational and psychological methods. It does not involve any element of hypnosis, spiritual training, or any similar methodologies. It is however, tremendous fun!
6pm – Registration
6.30pm – Training begins
8pm – The fire is lit
8.30pm – Firewalk begins
9.00pm – Certificates given, and celebration starts!
You will receive a fundraising pack and t-shirt after sign up.
- The minimum age to take part is 14 years, with parental/guardian permission required for 14 and 15 year olds. They must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 18 years old.
- Due to the nature of this event, participants must be able to walk steadily and unaided at a consistent pace.
- Entrants will not be allowed to take part without full training by Blaze.
- Participants must not drink alcohol before taking part.
- If you have Parkinson's, you can still take part, providing you are able to completely lift your feet up off the ground when walking and can walk at a steady pace, however please get advice from your GP, nurse or consultant first.
- The Firewalk is managed by 'Blaze' firewalking experts, who have over 30 years' experience and a 100% safety record.
- Family and friends are most welcome to come and support you.
- Bar open from 6pm.
- Car parking on site and on Stourbridge Football Club overspill car park.
Create your fundraising page
Make a fundraising page with JustGiving, then share it with friends and family. The money you raise will help us find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson's.
Stourbridge Cricket Club
Stourbridge Cricket Club Stourbridge Dudley DY8 4HN