Our UK-wide network of friendly Parkinson's local advisers is here for you – whether you have the condition or you're a carer, friend or family member of someone with Parkinson's.
Parkinson's local adviser is the new title for information and support worker.
Parkinson's local advisers can help if you:
I offer support and information to people at every stage of Parkinson's, whether they're newly diagnosed or starting to deal with more complex symptoms.
Sue Martin, Parkinson's local adviser
- have just been diagnosed and are looking for advice and information about your condition
- are looking for tips on how to deal with the day-to-day impact of Parkinson's
- need emotional support
- want to find out more about the services available in your area
- want to learn about your rights and entitlements
- need help navigating the benefits process
- need information on where to find grants and financial help
- are looking for support on employment issues
- need support with anything else relating to your life with Parkinson's
Your Parkinson's local adviser will have a wide range of knowledge and expertise about Parkinson's, and know about services available in your area.
Parkinson's local advisers are there to turn to, so no-one has to face Parkinson's alone.
Contact your local adviser
You can search for your nearest Parkinson's local adviser.
Or contact our helpline 0808 800 0303 to be put in touch with someone near you.