What's your Garden Gathering?
You don't have to go to Glastonbury to get that festival feeling. Garden Gathering is your chance to put on your own mini-festival at home.
Whether you go for a craft beer BBQ, or a picnic with Pimm’s and pink lemonade, it’s your unique way to help find a cure and support everyone affected by Parkinson’s.
Choose your style
As it’s your personal festival, you pick the headliners. Adele or David Bowie, the Stones or the Beatles, Coldplay or Jimi Hendrix – the choice is yours!
It doesn’t stop at music – you can also pick your perfect festival menu. So fire up the BBQ and get stuck in with some Jamie Oliver recipes, or create a real showstopper inspired by Mary Berry.
And don’t forget the finishing touches to make your space sparkle – from inflatable flamingos to fairy lights, hammocks to hanging baskets.
Whatever your vision, Garden Gathering is your chance to make it a reality and have a fantastic time with friends and family, all in support of everyone affected by Parkinson’s.
Sign me up
Sign up and we’ll send you a pack that contains everything you need to make your Garden Gathering a festival to remember:
- Our Get Festival Ready leaflet, full of tips for organising your event and fundraising ideas.
- Festival wristbands to hand out to your guests.
- An teepee donation box.
- Festival-themed fundraising games
Things to consider
It’s important your event is safe and you’re aware of any legal issues. Then you can relax and enjoy yourself.
- Raffles all have different rules. These tips will help you avoid problems:
- Don’t deduct more than £100 from the proceeds to pay for the cost of the raffle.
- Only sell tickets to guests at your event.
- Don’t spend more than £500 on raffle prizes. If they are donated the value doesn’t matter.
- Draw the raffle at the event and make the top prize the first one you draw.
- If you’re planning a larger raffle or want to sell tickets to the public, you can find the rules at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
- Remember you can always give us a call for guidance.
If you are preparing food be aware of hygiene regulations. Visit www.food.gov.uk for more information.
Once you’ve signed up you’ll receive your pack within 10 working days and you can get started with the festival planning. We’re sure you’ve got lots of great ideas of your own but if you need a hand to get the creative juices flowing and get into the festival spirit, check out our get festival ready page.
If you’ve got any questions, contact the Garden Gathering team on [email protected] or 0800 138 6593.