Evaluating our research
Our research is totally dependent on voluntary donations. So capturing and sharing the impact of our research is vital to raising the funds that we need to invest in future.
Since 2013 we've been using the Researchfish system to help us improve the way we collect data on outcomes and impacts arising from all our awards.
We use the information collected in a number of ways: to report to trustees and donors, to evaluate our grant schemes, and to raise much needed further funds for research.
What is Researchfish and why are we using it?
Researchfish is an online survey database used to gather information about research outputs and outcomes.
The principles behind Researchfish are simple:
- to allow researchers to record all their research outputs and outcomes in one place
- to help researchers share relevant outcomes with funders more easily and efficiently
How to use Researchfish
Grantholders can enter information about their research outcomes. This can then be linked to grants held with any funding organisations that use Researchfish.
- Attend a free training webinar with Researchfish to learn how to use the system (this will last just 10 minutes).
- Visit the Researchfish website for further information.
What you will need to do
We require all grantholders to enter accurate and comprehensive outcomes data from their Parkinson's UK-funded projects into Researchfish.
When to submit your data
Submission deadlines will occur annually in January. It is recommended, however, that you update information in your portfolio throughout the year.
Please note that you will be alerted by email prior to the next submission deadline.
Submitting Researchfish data is a condition of your grant award. Read our terms and conditions for research grants.
Researchfish hints and tips
- By using the delegate function, you can add someone to Researchfish who can add outputs on your behalf.
- Researchfish outputs can be added to the system and attributed to your grant all year long, even outside of the submission window.
- The Researchfish Livechat function is a fast and effective way to get help and support during a submission window.
- Researchfish data can be used as part of your CV.
What about annual and final reports?
You will still be required to submit annual and final reports, in addition to submitting Researchfish data.
We use annual and final reports to monitor and evaluate the progress of individual grants and to report to donors and people with Parkinson's.
Start entering the outputs, outcomes and impact of your research