08 September 2017 to 11 September 2017
Location: Bormio, Italy
New for 2017!
Tackle over 5000m of ascent on the iconic climbs of the Stelvio, Gavia and Mortirolo.
Steeped in cycling history, these climbs have been made famous by the Giro d’Italia, and this is your chance to conquer them all in one epic weekend.
Bring your bike, your determination and get ready for the ride of a lifetime.
Join the team and ride with a pro
Tempted? This exclusive challenge is limited and only costs £650 so sign up today! You'll be joined by John-Lee Augustyn, an ex-Team Sky cyclist, who has competed in the Tour de France, Vuelta a Espana, Giro d’Italia and the Olympic Road Race. He’ll be with you all the way as your lead guide, sharing top tips on technique, nutrition and training.
Your support will help us to bring forward the day when no one fears Parkinson's.
About the mountains
These legendary climbs are on every cyclist’s bucket list. From Pantani to Wiggins to Froome, all of the great champions have conquered these three great monuments of European cycling.
Each mountain has its own characteristics:
- Passo Stelvio, with its 36 switchbacks, is the highest paved road in Europe and frequently appears in the top five climbs in world cycling
- Passo Gavia, one of the most famous climbs in Europe, is mythical and romantic in equal measure.
- Passo Mortirolo, your final challenge, although a relatively short climb, its steep gradients have given it a fearsome reputation!
We're here to support you
We'll be with you every step of the way to offer fundraising advice including Parkinson's specific fundraising materials. You'll also receive an exclusive cycling specific training plan written by cycling coach Ian Jenner.
|Registration fee||Fundraising target||Trip cost|
- 2 days of riding in the Italian Alps
- Climb the famous Stelvio on day one
- Tackle the Gavia and Mortirolo climbs on day two
- Accomodation: We'll be staying at the Hotel Nevada Bormio. The accommodation is a 3* hotel on a twin-share basis. A single supplement is available at £99 per person.
- Included: Accommodation, transfers in Italy, breakfast and dinner, drinking water, snacks, guides and a full support crew (including mechanics).
- Not included: Bike, flights, bike transport on flights, UK transfers, vaccinations, insurance and lunches.
Organised in partnership with Italy Bike Tours.
For more information about this event, please get in touch with the Events team on 020 7932 1342 or [email protected]