Our Annual General Meeting is a great opportunity for members to hear about our many activities and achievements over the past 12 months and our next steps.
What's the AGM about?
At our Annual General Meeting we carry out the formal business set out in our governing document, the Articles of Association.
It will be a great opportunity to hear from Steve Ford, our Chief Executive, and Mark Goodridge, Chair of the Board of Trustees, about our recent achievements, our ambitious plans and the part you play.
There'll also be more information about our annual accounts, as well as the results of our trustee elections in Scotland, England and Wales.
The AGM will be held on Saturday 14 October from 9.30am-3.30pm, in Pimlico, London.
The details about this year's meeting were sent to members at the beginning of September 2017.
If you're a member and haven't received anything yet please contact Roma Grant, Company Secretary, on 020 7932 1327 or [email protected].
How can I attend?
If you're a member and would like to attend the AGM you can reserve your place online or call Tyler Events on 01509 631 530 by Friday 6 October 2017.
You'll be asked for your charity membership number as part of the booking process so please have this to hand.
What if I can't make it?
If you can't attend this year's AGM we'd still like you to be part of it. Members can vote by proxy using the circulated form or online - see your AGM papers for more details.
You can also submit a question or comment to the meeting by emailing [email protected].
Please note that due to time restrictions we might not be able to address all questions and comments on the day itself. However, we'll aim to respond to all submissions before or after the meeting.
AGM 2017 papers
This year, as well as usual business there are 2 key items:
- the election of Trustees to the Board of Trustees in England, Scotland and Wales
- a proposal to amend our Articles of Association
Full details are in your AGM packs.
You can download and view the AGM papers below:
- 2016 AGM minutes
- Trustees' report and financial statements 2016
- Nominations and remuneration committee report 2016
- Election of Trustees – candidates statements
- Special resolution to change the Articles of Association
- Proposed, amended Articles of Association
Request a printed copy by calling 0845 121 2354, email [email protected] or write to Parkinson's UK, PO Box 485, Grays, Essex RM17 9HY and quote the following reference codes:
- PKMINS16 - Draft minutes of the 2016 AGM
- PKAR16 - Trustees' report and financial statements 2016
- PKNOMS16 - Nominations and Remuneration Committee report 2016
- PKART17 - Draft revised Articles of Association
- PKARTCOMP17 - Comparison of current Articles and proposed revisions
- PKAGM17 - Complete pack of all documents
Highlights and challenges - 2016 AGM
Watch this video of Mark Goodridge, our Chair, and Steve Ford, our Chief Executive, summarising their highlights and challenges of 2016.
If there's anything else you'd like to know about the AGM or the wider governance of Parkinson's UK, please contact Roma Grant, Company Secretary, on 020 7932 1327 or [email protected]