Senior research fellowships
Our senior research fellowships
are for people who want to specialise in Parkinson's research by establishing their own
Applications for these career development awards are invited
The next deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on
Monday 2 December 2013.
Costs and duration
Senior research fellowships are initially offered for up to
£250,000 for 3 years.
Funding can cover:
- the cost of the applicant's salary
- appropriate start-up and running costs
- support for additional research assistance such as a technician
or research assistant
Senior research fellowship award holders can formally apply for
a further 2 years of funding 6 months before the end of the
Fellowships awarded for more than 3 years may be dependent upon
the host research institution committing some funds towards the
latter stages of the fellowship.
- Applicants should have a PhD or DPhil and have at least 3 years
and no more than 6 years' postdoctoral experience at the time of
- Supervisors should hold employment contracts that extend beyond
the period of the grant.
- Grants are tenable only at a UK university, research
institution, NHS trust or statutory social care organisation.
Please read the following before completing an application:
Terms and conditions
Once a grant has been awarded and accepted, the grantholder
and host institution are bound by our Research grant terms
and conditions (PDF, 72KB)
How to apply
Applications for all research grants must be made via our
For more information about application processes and deadlines,