Parkinson's explored / Parkinson's explained (Excellence Network)
This accredited Train the Trainer 'Parkinson's Explored' course aims to give health and care sector trainers the opportunity to develop their own knowledge of Parkinson's and then the necessary skills and confidence to deliver the 'Parkinson's Explained' education session.
After successful completion of the online foundation module course, 2 days of in depth training and then a reflective evaluation, participants will become UK Parkinson's Excellence Network trained trainers and be exclusively able to deliver the 'Parkinson's Explained' session at their place of work.
The course is credit-rated by One Awards, leading to 2 credit points at level 3 and a certificate from the UK Parkinson's Excellence Network. The session you then deliver is endorsed by PDNSA & has a Quality Mark from One Awards attached to it.
The course consists of an online self-directed foundation module, direct teaching, group and individual work and practice teaching sessions.
A full training pack will be provided to each participant to allow them to start delivering the training immediately.
What will participants learn?
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the impact of Parkinson's, including motor and non motor symptoms, communication and cognition issues, and management of Parkinson's
- evaluate their own practice and care of people with Parkinson's
- deliver the 'Parkinson's Explained' training session to their staff
- recognise the role of the UK Parkinson's Excellence Network and how they can work with us
Who is the course for?
This course is most suitable for experienced health and social care trainers.
There is a £20 certification fee for Trainers and a late cancellation fee applies.
2018 course dates
- 7 and 8 February - Eastbourne
- 5 and 6 March - Co Durham
- 16 and 17 May - Edinburgh
- 4 and 5 July - Gwent
- 25 and 26 September - Dungannon Mid Ulster
- 31 October and 1 November - TBC
- 7 and 8 November - Wrexham
- 5 and 6 December - TBC
If you have any questions about this course, please email Course Lead Jackie Burke on email@example.com or call 0344 225 9865.