Support Group Co-ordinator
This is a generic description for the volunteer role of Support
Group Co-ordinator. Commitment requirements may vary slightly from
group to group.
Purpose of the role
To organise all aspects of a support group, individually or as
part of a group of organisers.
This will very much depend on the nature of the group and the
activities in which it gets involved. Organisation may take
several hours a week.
Where the role is taking up a large amount of time it is
advisable to share the role with other members of the group.
Description of tasks
- Ensure that the group follow the aims and objectives of
- Act as a contact for local and national staff
- Open and take responsibility for the management of a bank
- Maintain up to date accounts and financial records
- Write the Annual Financial Return and forward to local
Parkinson's UK staff
Useful skills and experience
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Leadership skills
- Financial skills
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy