Branch chair - Sevenoaks
Guide the branch and ensure its work is carried out effectively.
25 hours per month
What the role involves
As a branch chair you will:
- keep up to date with the aims of Parkinson's UK, and make sure the branch fulfils them
- ensure regular committee meetings are held and work to make committee members feel involved and inspired
- be a creative and enthusiastic committee member, working to build the branch's profile locally and ensuring that it has a presence at regional events
What you could get out of volunteering
Through this role you will:
- forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
- develop a supportive relationship with the branch vice chair, allowing you to share ideas and insight
- build upon your leadership abilities and gain valuable teamwork and people skills
What we're looking for and why
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
- have strong supportive and communication skills, as you will be working a wide range of different people
- be able to make impartial decisions, as sometimes opinions will differ and you will need to take multiple views into consideration
- have a positive, energetic attitude and thrive on motivating others to enjoy their work and keep the bigger picture in sight
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email email@example.com.
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.