Branch chair - Bolton
Lead the group and facilitate collaborative working across the committee to enable the group to carry out its work effectively.
8 hours per month
what the role involves
The Bolton Branch is active within your local community and regular activities include two monthly meetings.
As a branch chair you will:
- keep up to date with the news and developments of Parkinson's UK and actively share them with the group
- make effective use of the skills and strengths of other volunteers so that the group has the greatest impact in your local area
what you could get out of volunteering
As the branch chair, you would have the opportunity to:
- do something meaningful for people affected by Parkinson's within your local area
- meet new people and make new friends, both in the group and in the local community
- learn and develop valuable leadership, teamwork and people skills
what we're looking for and why
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have strong leadership, organisational, communication and IT skills so you can work effectively with a wide range of people and be leading the group
- are able to make balanced decisions taking into account multiple views in order to meet the needs of local people with Parkinson's
- have a positive attitude to make things happen in your local community
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to email@example.com by the closing date.