Activity volunteer - Guildford
Co-ordinate local groups.
Approx 2 hours per week.
What the role involves
The local group network offers friendship and support to everyone living with Parkinson's, their families and carers across the UK. The group has various smaller sub-groups locally.
As an activity volunteer you will:
- be the central point of contact for the people who attend and lead the groups
- work with the chosen venue effectively, for example, making block room bookings and making sure they have been risk assessed
- make payments on behalf of the group and handle money coming from the members
What you could get out of volunteering
As an activity volunteer, you will:
- benefit from meeting new people and forging friendships and connections in your area
- enable those affected by Parkinson's to access support in their area
- gain experience in the activity that you are providing
What we're looking for
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
- have excellent communication skills and a friendly attitude, as you will be working with a wide range of people
- be well organised and computer literate
- enjoy administration, pay attention to detail, be very reliable, outgoing and happy to talk to people
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email email@example.com.
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.