How to create your Garden Gathering
Here's a few ideas to get you started.
Ideas for raising money at your summer festival
1. Ask your guests to give what they think your event is worth
Leave a donation bucket on display and ask them to drop in cash or a cheque. Place your Gift Aid form next to the bucket to make the most of each donation.
2. Pimp your drinks
Set up a table with fruit, cocktail umbrellas, stirrers and more, and ask for donations.
3. Design your perfect playlist
Get your guests to donate money for a song they want to hear.
4. No nicknames
For a small group of friends, why not ban using nicknames and charge £1 for every time someone forgets?!
5. Hold a raffle, auction, tombola or lucky dip
Ask friends and family for donations of prizes.
6. Play some games, like giant Jenga, tug of war or an egg and spoon race
Pay to play or forfeits for the loser!
Your Garden Gathering fundraising pack is filled with ideas so you can make the most of your event and help people affected by Parkinson’s. You’ll also get balloons, wristbands, invites, stickers and more!
What if it rains?
Don’t be put off by the great British weather! It’s always good to have a backup plan.
- Bring the party inside – sit on picnic blankets and decorate the room with plants and flowers.
- Ask friends and family to bring gazebos and umbrellas.
- Embrace it – get everyone to wear their wellies and dance in the rain!
We’re here to help. Get in touch with the team by phone 0800 138 6593 or email email@example.com.
Make it easy to donate
Creating a JustGiving page is the best way to ask your guests to donate to a good cause. You can also write a bit about why you’ve decided to hold a Garden Gathering – and your guests can leave you messages of support.