Guidelines for local group web editors
Guidance for local group web editors who want to update their pages on the Parkinson's UK website and set up social media.
All local groups have their own page on our website.
Remember that the website is often the first contact with Parkinson's UK for people affected by Parkinson's. It's vital for putting people in touch with local support.
So it's really important to make sure that details for your group are up to date.
How to send updates for your local group pages
If you would like to update any of the information on your local group page please download and fill out the Local Group Webpage Updates Form (doc, 45KB) then email it to email@example.com.
Tips on writing for the web
- Think about your audience. Focus on new people wanting to find out about support in their local area.
- Don't include text such as 'Contact the secretary for more information' with no further details. New people will not know who this is.
- Don't include jargon.
- Write out abbreviations and acronyms in full.
- Be as concise as possible. Write short, simple sentences. Keep paragraphs short.
- For more tips, download our local group style guide (PDF, 77KB).
Friendly web addresses
Each branch and support group has a 'friendly' web address for easy access and promotion of web page, eg www.parkinsons.org.uk/portsmouth
If you don't know the address for your group and you'd like to use it, please ask our Digital team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7963 9379.
Local group external websites and social media
Some local groups choose to set up their own website, Facebook page or Twitter feed. If you decide to do this, you should:
- be committed to providing the ongoing maintenance and support required to run a website or page
- ensure content is up to date, accurate and in accord with the charity's messaging
- use our logo and legal information
Download our guide to Promoting your local group online (PDF, 57KB) for more information.
If the purpose of the website or Facebook page is to host contact information with details of news and events, it may be easier to use the service offered by our Digital team, as described on this page.
Contact our digital team on email@example.com or 020 7963 9379.