Tired and fed up

I am so tired of this PD i have to take sleeping tablets every night and i still sleep rubbish before i started taking them 3 moths after dx i could sleep 12 hrs straight through after dx it went to 2hrs per night now i am lucky if i get 5

standing joke of it all is my OH used to call me the half mattress woman co's i could out sleep any one.5hrs.

Fed up BB

forgot to ask How on earth do you get rid of a thread? you no longer want involvement inn.

Tired. No.  Exhausted, Yes.  I take zopolone at night, usually about 10:30.  The dose doesn't matter, I am awake at 3:30 practically every day.  Strangely at or near 8PM, the exhaustion leaves and I am wide awake; hence the need for the sleeping pill.  If you ever succeed in ridding yourself of the exhaustion, let me know. I hate walking around with my heavy eyes half closed.

Take care

what time at night do you take your last pd meds have you asked gp about amitripyline with sleeping tablet

Hi guys, 

Gus, If I go to bed at any time I still only get between 4 to 5 hrs sleep the only difference I get is after about a month or so when I am so over tired then my body will take another hour or so. I tried amitripyline before dx and it did not do any thing for me Dr did not want me on more that 50mg twice a day due to my hypertension meds generally I go to bed about 11ish having taken my PD meds about 10.30 then when I am in bed I take my sleeper. My moaning on has been down to a rough couple of weeks come off my electric bike face first ended up eating the pavement and of course someone from work had to see me. 

wpgchap,The only thing I have found that helps is massage therapy and listening to Enigma that CD really soothes my soul.

Now we have all been told we are facing job losses from work and my department is one of the ones not ring fenced as safe would not mind but she who make the decision has only been there a couple of years I have been there nine. Oh well whatever will be will be.  I will tell her exactly what I think of her but only after I have my reference.

There I go again once I start there is no stopping me, Going to bed now  as they say in the east end of London Cream Crakered ( meaning Knackered ).

BB Thanks Guys.

hi bb.  have you tried taking last meds a little bit earlier as if taking at 10.30pm they will just about start to work 11.00-11.30 ish this will be making you brain very alert  ( awake) and it will be battling sleeping meds try taking pd meds about 2hrs before sleep by this time meds will be in system and balance out !

Hi Betty Blue,

There isn't really a way to 'unfollow' a thread. If you don't want to see the thread, unfortunately, your best alternative is to stop reading it.

Best,
Alethea

Hi,
I know what you mean about the constant tiredness.  I was struggling on an average of 4 hours a night but now I'm often down to 2-3. When I wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning, I start stressing about getting through another day at work feeling so utterly shattered,  and consequently I can't go back to sleep. Work is then tricky, I'm not getting enough done and I start stressing about being behind (but I'm too tired to focus on catching up in the evenings) so I stress about this and -  - - on and on really. Doh, sorry, no useful ideas whatsoever, just having a moan. And I won't even start on the bags (suitcases) under my eyes!
I only take Requip at the moment - I've resisted sleeping tablets so far as I worry that my brain is scrambled enough already what with this and hormonal mood swings.
BB - the work situation sounds miserable, is redundancy inevitable? (It seems to be lurking around every corner at the moment).  J

Hello I am afraid Work situation for me is inevitable i've seen it coming for a while now So I guess I find out next week.please try to not get yourself stressed out Promise it can do you and your condition no good I do have good support network work Some close friends more like sisters to me. So I will be leaning on them, as you have a serious issue with sleep like I do I would suggest you go back and see your GP at the end of the day one extra tablet help to get six hours a night Certainly better than 2 to 3 let me know how you get on Best wishes BB X

Hi gus followed your advice last night and managed 6 hrs so will keep on trying with that plan. 

Thanks for your input buddy x

bb

thats what were here for to help each other

Aww betty,

I hope you have recovered well after falling off your bike, always embarrassing when that happens, esp when someone from work sees, I hope you weren't too badly bruised.

How have you been sleeping now, any better? 

Xx

better now I have been laid off can only think it is down to the fact that i have less stress suppose i should be pleased about that but being without work just seems weird xx

Yeah I can imagine

It's very hard to a just I found I started sitting around more made me feel worse. so started going for swim sauna and steam room also made new friends we have a Friday club now where we all meet up

That's good Gus 

Hi blondi

just heard back from dawn it is southmead she is a member of and she said she will meet you there xx

Betty, I was planning on going tomorrow (if it was on) until I realised I'm meant to be looking after my nephew tomorrow morning. Is there any chance you could let more have her number or you can pass mine on to her and ask her to contact me, thanks hun x

Betty, I was planning on going tomorrow (if it was on) until I realised I'm meant to be looking after my nephew tomorrow morning. Is there any chance you could let more have her number or you can pass mine on to her and ask her to contact me, thanks hun x