What do patients want from their pharmacist? – We need your views

Background

Every year in England, 438 million visits are made to community pharmacy for health related reasons. This is more than any other NHS care setting.  Community pharmacists dispense medicines and support people in medicines taking; they also provide other healthcare advice and services.  It is vital that community pharmacists build their services around what patients / service users need.  Therefore the aim of this research is to investigate the views and thoughts of service users in regard to community pharmacy services. We aim to gain detailed information on the skills and attributes expected of pharmacists and to make proposals for changes to the delivery of the MPharm (Pharmacy) course based on what patients want. This would help towards improving the quality of pharmacy services provided in the future. The study will be in the form of an online survey consisting of a questionnaire and interview all conducted in an online forum. We aim to gather all data within a timescale of 8 weeks.

What is involved?

Hi everybody,

My name is Sherita. I am a pharmacy undergraduate and I am conducting this research as part of my final year project. We are looking for as many participants as possible, people with Parkinsons or Care-givers, to complete our short online survey. This questionnaire is very brief and will only take a few moments of your time (roughly, no more than 5 minutes). Please find the link below which will lead you to our survey.

Before you decide whether to take part it is important for you to understand why the research is being done and what it will involve. Please also take time to read the participant information leaflet, which is available through the link to our survey as well.

The link to the survey:
kpitchford.weebly.com

Please feel free to post any questions relating to this research on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your support, we appreciate your time.

Hi everyone,
Thank you to those who have taken the time to read my post and complete my survey, so far the responses have been really insightful. We are still looking for as many responses as possible, so for anyone still interested, we would really like to hear your views about what you want from your pharmacist.  We will be grateful if you could help us out and complete our questionnaire; it is only four questions long and will take just a few moments of your time.  Please find the link to our survey below and as always, do feel free to ask any questions in relation to this, I will be more than happy to answer any of your queries.

The link to the Survey is:

http://kpitchford.weebly.com/

Many thanks in advance

Sherita
Pharmacy undergraduate
Leicester School of Pharmacy 

Hi everyone, 

We are almost there but we still need more responses. Please, if you have not done so already, complete our very brief questionnaire (link below). Also, once you have completed our questionnaire, I would really appreciate it if you could take part in our follow-up discussion, which is based on the answers received so far from the questionnaire.  

Thank you to everyone who has supported our research so far, the responses have been really helpful, and I look forward to seeing even more of your views. 

The link to the survey is: 

http://kpitchford.weebly.com/

Many thanks 

Sherita
Pharmacy undergraduate
Leicester School of Pharmacy