More lost work to lilac

angry

IMm not going to make this a long one, I composed a important post for lilac informative usefull info abot Ddpa, and when I pressed post,,,,,,yes youve guessed it  gone, this AVERSIONtherapy is definately working and I am very wary now of  posting anything.. I better leave it atthat or this one will dissapear

FED

Fed   you've been advised before how to resolve this particular problem so why dont you take heed of of peoples help and advice and try it !

Namely write your post in word first, then save it, and then copy and paste to the relevant forum thread.

Yes I know the current forum software is crap, but its all we have until more presure can be put on PUK to improve it and in the meantime we just have to try any way that resolves the various issues.

Considering that your posts are normaly quite long I wouldnt hesitate in at least trying the above method and saving yourself both  stress and anguish laugh

yes

Hello Kyloe, I have tried the method you have suggested,but when I try to paste ,nothing  ?    either Im too thick and cannot graspe this form of communicating (probably) or my Laptop is not going to play the game, I will try again however, suitably admonished,.

Kind Regards                 Fedwink

Hi Fed

I am a bit rubbish on the computer so my grandchildren tell me what to do in simple terms.

Here's their lesson in how to cut and paste...

Use your thumb on the pad to move your cursor to where you want to copy from.

Press the left button and keep it held down.

Use your thumb to then move the cursor across (and down) to where you want your selection to end (you should still be holding the left button down while doing this).

When done, carefully let go of the left button and either press Control + C or carefully, move the cursor back to the highlighted section and press the right button. A context menu will come up and you simply select copy.

I'd recommend just pressing Control + C instead though.

then go to your box where you want to post.

put the cursor where tou want it to start and press control and v.

practise a few times and see how you get on.

love

GG

Hi Fed

My grandkids give me easy instructions to follow...here's their advice.

Use your thumb on the pad to move your cursor to where you want to copy from.

Press the left button and keep it held down.

Use your thumb to then move the cursor across (and down) to where you want your selection to end (you should still be holding the left button down while doing this).

When done, carefully let go of the left button and either press Control + C or carefully, move the cursor back to the highlighted section and press the right button. A context menu will come up and you simply select copy.

I'd recommend just pressing Control + C instead though.

Then go to the forum box to reply in.

Put the cursor where you want to start the message.

Press control and v and it should appear!

Practise a few times and let us know if it works.

Love

( Still having to put all the capitals in ...automaticic on every other website!)

GG

Good Morning Fed,

Was wondering if you use your fingers to control the mouse cursor on your laptop or a mouse. If fingers then i suggest your try either a mouse connected via a USB port or a mouse connected wirelessly (digital)

If that fails to solve your problem then have you considered an Ipad ?

cool

Hello Golden Girl and Kyloe, first GG, what system are you using ie, words office or simlar, , after I type my message I cant find a way to send to the forum ?? And Kyloe I use my fingers on a rectangular pad on my LENOVO  believe me I have tried but always retreat as if I GET TOO FRUSTRATED PARKY JOINS IN I  know I must seem like a right plonker I  have mastered collosal Excavators, almost sucessfully learned to fly and THIS LITTLE///???*£RD LOPTAP has me stumped.  a young lady called SARAH tried to help me a week or so back  Kyloe, and I almost cracked  it, so SARAH if you are reading this could you join forces with my friends and take me through the method Kyloe and GG have so patiently tried to help me with.

Thank you  my friends FED

Hello all you kind folks who have tried to kickstart my brain into understanding whatever it is you are trying to make me understand, I know im letting the side down here and last night I thought I had done it, but alas no so as it is so frustrating for me (god knows what its like for  you) I am simply going to post shorter posts,, rather like this one.

Kindest Regards FED

Hi all,

As someone who has been a secretary all her working life, I've had to learn new updates on about six occasions.  It wasn't easy but I had to try to keep my job.

I've given up now.  I'm retiring next March and I don't want to know anymore.  I'm so tired trying to keep up with everythng but it's too difficult. 

I find I'm always writing out a whole big schpeel, really pleased with it then press the wrong button and lose the whole thing.  

speak soon.

Casie

Hi Fed

Not sure if this will help you, but thought I would post.

1.Highlight the text you wish to copy: Click down once, with your cursor on one side of the text you want to copy, with your left mouse button. Hold the mouse button down. Then drag your mouse pointer over the text until all of the text you wish to copy is colored differently than the rest of the text on the page. Now let go of the mouse button. If you have highlighted correctly, the text should stay colored differently.

2. To Copy: press down the CTRL key with one finger and hold it down, then press the letter C with another finger, and then let both go. CTRL-C is the Copy shortcut key combination.

3.Place your cursor: Decide where you want the new text to go on your document and click once where you want the new text to be inserted. The cursor should flash.

4.To Paste: Press down the CTRL key with one finger and hold it down, then press the letter V with another finger, and then let both go. CTRL-V is the Paste shortcut key combination. 

Regards

Tina

coolGood Merry morningg Chrismas Tina, I am sorry for   knot   aknowledgeing your sggestin re  tt TEACHHING eaceen old  thicky  wot eyeneed to no  eyeeeee showing old  FED  how to transfer my posts, I do  appreciate all who have tried and failed to impress on my redundant, 3day week brane, eyeneerly dunnit tweyece, but Ifaledagain , WONT GET FOOLED AGAIN, NO NO, which fantastic mid sixties rock group sang those words, do you know( who) Tina ,also WHO LEFT HIS HOME IN TUCSON ARIZONA TO WALK ON CCALIFORNIA GRASS,and and and Tina which arguably the best BAND EVER YES YES, THEY WERE SANG IT ON TOP OF THE RECORDING STUDIOES.

MUST GO NOW ,HAVE AGREAT DAY TINA

YOUR FREIEEND  FFFFFFFFFFEED

Hi Fedexlike,

If you're using Internet Explorer as the browser on your laptop, this is likely the cause of the ongoing problems you're having with copy/paste. I wrote a detailed post about this here, with suggestions of how to work around the problem. I'd suggest the best solution would be to download and install Google Chrome, and use this as your default browser.

Using Chrome should allow you to copy/paste without issues, and also allows you to install an extension that disables the default keyboard shortcut on the backspace button, which bahves as a back button and seems to be the cause of lost posts in some cases. (I wrote more about this issue here.)

Hope that helps!

Sarah

Hello Sarah.

I did attempt your suggestion of a few eeks ago,weeks ago, and was making progress but I could not make  my work reach the Forum. I WILL TRY AGAIN, ONWARD AND UPWARD as they say.

Thankyou Sarah, I WISH YOU WELL IN  THE COMING YEAR

FED