Suspect threads

Suspect threads are appearing.

Many of them, Flo.

Frankly it's a disgrace that after paying goodness how much money for this new forum that this can happen. There are free forums, a  couple of which I am a member, that function very well without this happening at all.

If this is what new members to the forum see, any wonder that new threads  are almost non existent and existing threads are not receiving many responses???

If a supposedly reputable charity can have its web site  spammed and hijacked, on a regular basis, then what all of us send to Head Office for funding is being wasted, IMO.

15 + just today.

Hi flo and benji - thank you for spotting this.

Unfortunately it's not always possible to know in advance that the spam will happen. Our evening e-moderators deleted it within an hour.

Thanks again.

coolWell are you going to let the rest of us in on this obviously suspect subject  is the post too suggestive, I enjoy about 8 of them with a piping hot cuppa, yes ,? suggestive  biscuits, or is it the opening the heart posts, ifor example when one of our members needs to unload family problems when there is simply no where to go to and no one else he or she can talk through the problem surely the combined might of this Forum should reply in a helpfull sympathetic way and not dismiss this persons plight, or is it when  a attempt to lift someone out of  the black pit of depression and pain a mild humour is injected, such as  ( a man managed to escape from from a high security wing of a mental hospital in Northern Alaska he didnt get far  HE WAS KILLED BY A BI-POLAR BEAR, is this offensive to anyone, is anyone deeply hurt by those words, you have to admit its funny, its sods law in action and has been happening to me all my  life,in fact the only thing  I  have ever got absolutely correct in  my troubled existance on  earth,, well its my wife partner buddy lover(1st class) though thats on hold at this time, Nurse Carer, confidant and genrally very likeable good looking kind all round good egg,and all created by coincidence, now  coincidences are things or events which occur and can be  bad or good , depending  upon  how the coincidence presents itself, if its the 15 ton of bricks on my head if  I  allow that loveliest of human emotions , I MUST TYPE THIS VERY SLOWLY  Happiness to creep into my life then the bricks are delivered fortwith , in fact we have so many bricks now our garden is like a builders yard so I avoid thinking or mentioning bricks( rumbling sound, oh fu ,,,crying out loud),, now here I am using one of the more refined and sarcastic forms of humour, deliberately aimed at BLACKHEART PARKY," why is there a long  red wavy line under BLACKHEART ,  there it is again, now you can see how  I use a mild form   of  my  sense of  humour    in a manner adequatately describing sods law. , unlike conventional humour ,see  the following  Mick tells Paddy    "I see Christmas is on a Friday this year"   replies Pat  " Jesus I hope its not the 13th",,   you can spot the difference there cant you,

Well Im  off out now beloved needs to shop and I must go with her as she doesnt like using SAT NAV since she drove down a one way st, the adress was EARNWAY but the sat nav doesnt speak english, its programmed with icelandic, or it may as well have been as far my Lady is concerned

Have a loveny or lovely day friends

FED

Hi Fed, it is not a secret, it was a very long post which appeared to offer help to anyone wanting something they probably shouldn't have, eg, a new identity, in any country. It was on every topic on the Forum, and not a word about PD. Hope you had a pleasant shopping trip. flo

cool

Thankyou   flo  for replying  I didnt spot that .

Kindest Regards  Fed

We had quite a few of those posts a few months ago offering fake passports and driving licences , are they back again ?

Hi Shelly65, yes, they sound like the same sort of thing. flo

WHAT IS A THREAD. PUZZLED. KEEP HEARING ABOUT THEM. CAN YOU HELP. MUST BE BEHIND WITH THE NEW COMP WORDS

Hi astoriasis new flower, what I meant was each Forum subject has different topics, problems, or threads. The threads I mentioned were all through the Forum, not at all the sort of thing we want on here. I am sure that you will get used to navigating your way around, it can be bewildering at first. flo

That sounds exactly like the kind of thing I need. I saw a film about that Rock Hudson was in it I believe, yes, caught the premise of said film, then fell asleep ... Seconds (had to google that) ... Does it offer a new working substantial nigra does anyone know?

If it does Eck it's mine smiley

angryangryangry HELLO ASTORIASIS NEW FLOWER, I AM VERY VERY ANGRY I REPIED  TO YOUR POST IN A CHEERFULL WAY AND IN A MANNER OF GENTLEMANLY DISPOSITION, AND YES I ADMIT I DO GO ON A BIT AT TIMES BUT  I THOUGHT MY POST WAS INFORMATIVE AND AMUSING, I PRESS THE SPACE BAR AND THE WHOLE THING VAPOURISED, TO SAY I AM ANGRY IS A VAST GALAXY SIZES UNDERZSTATEMENT, SO AS I AM SURE YYOU WILL U NDERSTAND I CANNOT CONTIUE IN THIS FRAMRE OF MIND, MY APPOLOGIES MY FRIEND, I AM SO MAD IT MAKES  ME RELUCTANT TO CONTRIBUTE,,,,I WWILL OF COURSE BUT NOT TILL I COOL OFF, IF ANY OF THE MANAGWERS CAN TRACK XDOWN MY POST I WOULD BE GRATEFULL, AND EXPLAIN WHY THERE IS NO WARNING IF I AM TIMING OUT OUR WHATEVER SURELY THAT CANNOT BE DIFFICULT I WAS IN A BRILLIANT MOOD BEFORE I CAMRE ON THE FORUM NOW I COULD KILL

SORRY FOR THE RANT  NEW FLOWER ITS NOT YOUR  FAULT ITS MINE FOR TRYING TO MAKE YOURS AND ALL ON THE FORUMS DAY A LITTLE BRIGHTER

FED

Perhaps an explanation from the creators of the web-site could be sought?

After the first tranche of these posts surely they were banned?

What a waste of money donated by those wanting to support PWP not line the pockets of incompetents in the IT business!

Still despairing

GG

frown

Hello Astoriasis GG Shel Flo and Eck, I must appologise for my childish behaviour this morning but the fact is there should be no way to remove any posts from under our noses without some prior warning, the mechanism that allows it to happen should be disabled if no compromise is possible, I find great support from this  FORUM but when my communication to my friends is stolen, for thats exactly what it is, its theft  of my mail to you, doesnt that make you angry,I very rarely lose my temper now, no point is there, it achieves absolutely zero zilch nowt but Im afraid I did this morning and further I was in a great frame of mind this morning at least until the FANTOM POST NICKER , I know it should be PHANTOM but im too tired to change it, nicked my post,it was downhill all the rest of the day , and why can some one please tell me why if its because I ramble on too much and bore you all well that takes out 96% of my posts, if I am prevented because of foul language, well I think I am very moderate in the blasphemiastics and dont forget I used to work in construction, where every 2nd word is, blooming or flipping or well Ill be,,so no reason there either,If I am timing out who does the timing or what, I need to know where I am going wrong so I dont make the same mistake again.

Kind Regards  FED

Hi fed

Sarah wrote a really detailed post about what might be at the root of this issue. Please take a look again.

Another note, if your text is selected and you press the space bar, it will delete whatever is chosen. I'm not sure this has to do with this forum in particular. 

Thanks
Ezinda

cool

Good morning Lady Ezinda, thank you for your help re THE PHANTOM???, well I wont go throug h all that again Ill only make a idiot of myself (again) I read Sarahs post and now things are much clearererer ? and I will take more care when posting posts and avoid .I hope, self induced deletementation ofmypostings,also thanks to Sarah,,a good name, my firstborn lovely daughter is named Sarah,, you have enabled old FED understand how to prevent the loss of important posts and that can only be a good thing as previous losses, made FED a very irritable bad tempered old git, so my whole family are going to benefit in fact I am so happy to have learned how to control my little LENOVO in a more professional way I am going to buy my Lovely wife and  family lunch at my favourite  eating outery, (they cant believe their luck) oh and I won a fiver on a scratch card, however be warned I have spent £12 000 on  cards and lotto tickets over the 20 yrs , well maybe sligtly less and have won £15,sorry just thought I would divulge that useless bit of newscool

Thanks again  FED

Hi Fed, glad you got things sorted and hope you had (or have) a lovely meal with your family. I can understand the frustration with losing your post after spending a lot of time doing it. It was enough to make anyone cross.  You should see me if I can't untangle coat hangers.....for some obscure reason I can feel outraged about it. Afterwards I do feel daft, they are only coathangers!!!!!