Adverts

How is the battle against the clods who advertise on our forum going?

If I can send unwanted emailers to my blocked senders list, why is it so hard to do this on our site?

This has been going on for ages and all we know is that you are "looking into it".

Have they been told directly what a pest they are?

Their phone numbers are there on their web-sites.

thanks

GG

Over the last two day there has been 2 adverts for cheap kitchens , same advert different people , now we have a wedding rings advert

Hi goldengirl and shelley65,

Thanks for your message and comments. 

As we mentioned before, we have been working with the developers to look for a solution to the spam.  This has to deal with the spam we're seeing now as well as other types that might come up in the future. We also want to make sure that our solution interferes as little as possible with legitimate members posting.

We have found a possible solution and are testing it now but there is a possibility that we may have to use a phased approach, trying one tool at our disposal at a time. We expect the solution that we're testing to be in the place within the next two weeks. In the meantime, we will continue to remove these as we see them on the forum. 

I hope that's helpful. Thanks for your patience.

Ezinda

Did anyone notice if the oven & hob were included?

Didn't notice sorry big grin

This is becoming intolerable, the solution on any forum would be to have admin approval set up so that any new member could not post until they had been personally approved, thereafter if they misbehaved their account would be deleted. Their IP address should be noted and inserted into the forum software admin control panel and a specific range of IP numbers would prevent them from re-registering.

The whole process would'nt take more than 5 mins to set up. What worries me is that any credibility that PDUK did have is slowly being eroded and now becoming an embarrassing farce !

Hi Kyloe

Again, I apologise. One of the changes we are making this week is installing the solution we've been mentioning for spam. 

We hope to have this on the site and configured by the end of the week. After this, you should start to see changes. 

Just to say again, we do our best to remove these as soon as we see them. But today, I was away from 3pm at meetings and so did not catch this last batch quickly. I've now removed them.

Thanks,

Ezinda

Hi Ezinda

None of this is your fault.

You are in the hands of people who have charged a large amount of money and provided a very poor service.

We appreciate your efforts and patience.

Love

GG

That means a lot goldengirl.

Still, we hope to make this right soon.

Have a really good evening.

Ezinda

I see we still have the kitchen advert problem

Where? Am I too late? Did anyone notice if the oven and hob was included?

It has gone i think , cant remember i think it was in the research section , but dont think the oven and hob were included sorry big grin