Question and answer sessuib

the last question and answer forum was very good. but it looks to me that the answers were locked down instantly so we could not comment on the good doctor's answers. 

if i am correct, i find this extremely insulting and annoying, your usual attitude of treating professionals as gods' and 'sufferers' as  idiots who mustn't be allowed to upset the professionals by asking secondary questions or pointing out the occasional omission.

sessuib is obviously 'session' but then i have parkinsons

Hi turnip, see you're still on form then. I'll leave Ezinda to say why this was so. But at least the Q&A answers thread at http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/forum/thread/59860 is open, and E says "We're leaving this topic open for any comments on the Q&A session."

yes, I thought the Q&A was a good sessiub, and yes I'd be interested in your views on particular answers.

Best

Semele

turnip,

As you have been a member of this forum for some time and have been through a number of Q&A sessions, I have to say I was taken aback at your comments. 

I'm afraid our reasoning for closing the topics after the answers was a bit more mundane than you've suggested above: The Q&A happened in the run-up to Parkinson's Awareness Week, an incredibly busy time for us. We would usually be able to get the questions and answers into a transcript on this website quite quickly. But this time, it will take us a bit longer. We were hoping that by closing the topics, this would create a sort of temporary transcript. We left a topic open for comments in anticipation of further questions and comments from the community.

As the decision to close topics was insulting, we have now reopened them all and you can feel free to comment as you wish. 

Do note that if you do have further questions for Janine, she may not be able to answer them. When we ask experts to do Q&As on the forum, we give them an estimate of the time it will take and this is what they agree to. Unfortunately, this often does not allow for answering follow-up questions. 

Ezinda

Hi all,

As I mentioned in the message above, I reopened the Q&A topics on Monday. Since that time, we haven't really had follow up questions or comments on omissions.  But we have had people who, believing that the Q&A was still open, have submitted new questions to the expert. It seems reopening them has been confusing. 

So, I think that on balance, it makes more sense to close them again. Still, I would hope that no one feels that this means they cannot make a comment. 

Can we agree then that this topic is for feedback on the session, omissions, etc? 

I hope that's okay with all.

Thanks,

Ezinda

Hi,

Just been reading the posting by" IK" in the q&A section.Unfortunately the session had closed.Never the less "IK's" question was still deserving of at least some form of answer.Where do people go when reaching the"Black hole"of L-Dopa meds?The answer is DBS(Deep Brain Stimulation).

Seem familiar ?Yes!Well it is becoming more common,that is the way things are going,especially with people now swerving DA's because the bad Karma now surrounding them.The Neuro's love it,but the sting in the tail,wait for it,for it will surely come.The"Fall out",the flip side of the early L-Dopa prescribed revolution.

PWP may then admit,that"Titan"was talking sense all those years ago,when he was advocating DA's and delaying L-Dopa treatment.I can only try,time will tell.

Titan