Search the forum
A Search forum link is displayed on the
left-hand side of all forum pages providing access to the forum's
search function. From here you can search across the whole forum or
in selected areas of the forum.
Note that the search box shown at the top of the screen is
for the main Parkinson's UK website and will not return results
from the forum.
1. Search by keyword
From the Search by keyword box you can quickly
search the forum.
- Click on the Search forum link to go
to the search page.
- Enter your search term(s) in the Search by
- Click on the Search button.
- Your results will be displayed with the most 'relevant ' at the
2. Search tips
Focusing your search
By default the search looks for your terms across all content in
the forum. If you wish to reduce the number of results, several
options are provided for you to refine and focus your search.
- Search in Entire post / Title only:
looks for results matching your terms within the content of posts
and topics OR looks for results in the title of topics
- Search in All forums / individual forums:
looks for results matching your terms across all forums OR looks
for results in selected forum(s)
- Posted since: looks for results matching your
terms posted in the specified time period
- Posted by member name: looks for results
matching your terms posted by a specific member name
If you don't get results for your search
- Check your spelling is correct
- Simplify your query - start with one or two
- Set the search to look across All forums - don't limit it to
selected forum titles.
- Remember to also check the main website using the search box at
the top of the site. It provides access to in-depth
information and advice on all aspects of Parkinson's and
to the forum
Find out more about the forum