Wii Fit guidelines for people with Parkinson's
The following guidelines have been put together by a
physiotherapist for people with Parkinson's
using the Wii Fit for exercise. Take a look at these before you
Using the Wii Fit
- Ensure the Wii Fit board is on a carpet or non-slip
- Remove shoes to stand on the Wii Fit board.
- Always use the wrist straps on the controllers.
- Clear a space around the board so you have room to move your
arms and step on and off.
- Take care when stepping off the board, especially when stepping
- Have a chair nearby so you can rest easily.
- Caution is needed if your balance is unstable; place a
high-backed chair at the side or in front of you so you can
steady yourself if required.
- Ensure there is someone else around when you are using the Wii
- The weight limit for someone using the the Wii Fit board is 150
Deep brain stimulation and the Wii
If you have had deep brain
- Avoid placing the Wii power supply adaptor directly over the
deep brain stimulation implant site.
Also in this section
Direct and confidential help and support