Mali Jenkins Fund
Our Mali Jenkins Fund provides one-off grants
to people with Parkinson's.
I would never have been in a position to buy it [the bed] myself. I know it will help me so much.
The aim of the fund is to give financial assistance towards
equipment, adaptations and respite
breaks that will improve quality of life.
It is named after Mali Jenkins, our
What the fund covers
The fund can provide grants of the following amounts.
- Equipment or home adaptations - up to
- Respite breaks - up to £1,000
- Other items, eg domestic appliances or household
goods - up to £500
A respite break is defined as a break that enables a carer to
have time away from regular caring responsibilities.
If you are applying for more than the total amounts shown above,
we may be able to provide some of the funding. You will need to
show how the difference will be met, for example from your own
contribution or from another charity.
What the fund does not cover
The chair will allow my mother the comfort and support she needs daily.
Your kindness has given me new hope.
- Ongoing costs or regular payments, eg care fees, utility bills
or insurance costs
- Debt relief or legal costs
- Retrospective funding, ie items that have already been paid
- Items for which statutory funding is available, for example
through social services or the NHS
- Items that are the responsibility of a care home or nursing
home to provide for a resident
- Business costs
- Funeral costs
- You must have Parkinson's or parkinsonism, or be applying on
behalf of someone who does.
- You must have under £10,000 in individual savings or under
£15,000 in joint savings.
- You must have a supporting letter from an appropriate
- You must be based in the UK.
- It's important to explore possible sources of statutory
funding, such as social services, a Disabled Facilities Grant or
the NHS, before applying to the fund.
How to apply
apply, please complete this form:
Alternatively, you can request for a form to be posted to you by
calling our helpline on 0808 800 0303.
Return your completed forms to: Advisory Services, Parkinson's
UK, 215 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1EJ.
The next panel meeting takes place on Wednesday 29
The deadline for receipt of applications to be
considered by the panel is Wednesday 22 May 2013.
Only completed applications can be considered.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application
within 5 working days following the panel meeting.
In this section
Any questions or concerns?