Senior management team
Our senior management team is made up of Steve Ford, our chief
executive, and 6 directors.
Steve Ford, Chief Executive
Steve joined Parkinson's UK as chief executive
in 2005 after a career as general manager and chief executive in
Under his leadership, we've made significant progress towards
our vision to find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by
- We've seen our income increase by 60% in 5 years.
- Our local groups now support 30,000
people and we have a UK-wide network of information and support workers.
- Our award-winning rebrand in 2010 saw the change to Parkinson's
UK and a new sense of being a movement of people affected by
Steve believes strongly that change is best delivered in
He's worked with the MS Society and the Motor Neurone Disease
Association to establish Neurological Commissioning
Support - held up by government as a leading example of
third sector leadership in the new NHS.
Steve is also chair of the Neurological Alliance, an umbrella
body of 70 charities representing 8 million people living with a
Putting people living with Parkinson's at the heart of the
charity has created passion, urgency and determination. Steve
believes that this is the basis on which the charity needs to drive
forward to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Dr Kieran Breen, Director of Research and Innovation
- Val Buxton, Director of External Relations
- Paul Jackson-Clark, Director of Fundraising
- Carolyn Nutkins, Director of Organisational Development
- Richard Penney, Director of Finance and IS
- Barbara Williams, Director of Support and Local Groups
In this section
Want to work for us?
You could help us find a cure and improve life for everyone
affected by Parkinson's.